Health Requirements for New Students
Good health spans the body and mind. When it comes to your well-being, Goucher's Student Health Services provides medical and emergency care, along with comprehensive educational services to maintain or improve your physical and mental health. We hope you won't need us, but if need be, we're here.
Here are a few things to do and know before you come to campus:
- Check out the New Student Portal for the Health Center's requirements, including the medical forms that are due Friday, July 13, 2018. All incoming students must complete and return these forms by fax (410-337-6051) or mail (Goucher Student Health and Counseling, 1021 Dulaney Valley Road, Baltimore, MD 21204). Students who fail to return their forms, or who are not in compliance with the immunizations required by Maryland law, will have a hold put on their account.
- You should have a physical examination before coming to school, and update required immunizations and refill all medications.
- Out-of-state students with Kaiser Permanente insurance will need to call the company and get a new ID number they can use in Maryland.
- If you have a serious chronic medical problem, you might want to check with your insurance company for physicians in the Towson area for follow-up care.
- If you are being followed for mental health, please make arrangements now with your counselor for appointments during breaks and for receiving medications. Goucher Student Health and Counseling does not prescribe ADHD medications.
- If you are a varsity student-athlete, please fill out the separate medical forms found here.
For more on our health services, counseling services, women's health services, complementary medicine services, emergency/urgent care, and pharmaceutical information, explore the links on this website.
If you have other questions, call us at 410-337-6050.